The effects of secondhand smoke on people are well-documented. Exposure to tobacco smoke causes a variety of serious health problems, including stroke, heart disease, and lung cancer, according to ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
At Center Veterinary Clinic, we know it can be very scary to leave the comfort and safety of your home and come to our office. We are committed to making this experience as Fear Free as possible. The following are some ways we have implemented our Fear Free atmosphere:
1. Music: In each exam room we play soft, pet relaxation music.
2. Pheromones: We utilize two pheromone sprays and diffusers: Adaptil, for dogs, and Feliway, for cats. These sprays mimic the hormone secreted by a mama cat or dog and are proven to make your pet feel calmer. Your will find diffusers plugged into most of our exam rooms, treatment and boarding areas. *We do carry and sell these products at the clinic.
3. Cat Only Room: We have a "Cat Only" room. Whenever possible, we will have you wait in this room instead of in the lobby with everyone else. The room has a cat tower and we encourage our feline friends to get out of their carriers and explore, hide, or do whatever makes them the most comfortable. The room has cat treats and also towels that have been sprayed with Feliway, a pheromone spray. These towels can be placed over your cat's carrier or used when we examine your cat. We also have a Feliway diffuser plugged in the room that dispenses this pheromone continuously. We use Feliway diffusers in our cat boarding area, also.
3. Bed Buddy Friends: Our treatment and surgical patients are in cages with a soft toy that has been treated with Adaptil, a dog pheromone spray, or Feliway, a cat pheromone spray. This helps reduce their anxiety. We also always try to speak quietly and move slowly and behave calmly around all pets. We cover cat's carriers with a towel sprayed with Feliway and perform all treatments as far away from any dogs as possible.
4. Bandanas and Towels: As you enter our clinic, feel free to help yourself to a bandana for your dog or a towel to place over your cat's carrier. These have both been sprayed with pheromones which should help soothe your pet.
5. Treats: All around the clinic, we have many treats so feel free to use them. We try to reward your pets often and consistently when they are here.