If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site

WARNING

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

 

Center Vet December Newsletter and Coupon

Holiday Hazards for Pets

imagesturkeyplate.jpgThere are many foods that can cause problems for your pet. Here is a list of some items that could be tempting to your furry friend: Alcoholic beverages, Chocolate (baker's, semi-sweet, milk chocolate), Coffee (ground, beans, chocolate covered expresso beans), moldy or spoiled foods, Onions,  onion powder, fatty foods, salt, yeast dough.

img_1224085588349_71holly.jpgMany holiday flower arrangements contain these types of plants that can cause gastrointestinal upset, irritation to the mouth and stomach as well as kidney failure in cats. Various types of Lilies, Poinsettias, Mistletoe, and Holly are the main culprits. Spray a fine mist of hot sauce on plants to make them less palatable, or better yet, keep keep them out of your fuzzy friend's reach.

Christmas_Tree_Cartoon.jpgChristmas Tree water may contain fertilizers, which, if ingested, can cause stomach upset. If you add chemicals to the water meant to keep your tree fresh longer, be sure to read the label to make sure it is safe for pets. Stagnant tree water can be breeding founds for bacteria, which can also lead to vomiting, nausea and diarrhea, if ingested.


menorah.jpgUse caution with Hanukkah and Kwanzaa candles, which can burn animals or start fires if not secured. Also, be sure to avoid animal exposure to electric cords. If they are chewed, they could electrocute your pet. Cover up or hide electric cords and never let your pet chew on them

imageswrappedgift.jpgRibbons or tinsel can get caught up in the intestines and cause intestinal obstruction. Also beware of low hanging glass ornaments. These can cut the tissues of the gastrointestinal tract if ingested.

Your animal may become poisoned in spite of your best efforts to prevent it. (i.e. antifreeze, prescription medication) You should keep telephone numbers for your veterinarian,  a local emergency veterinary service and the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (1-888-4ANI-HELP) in a convenient location. If you suspect that your pet has ingested something poisonous, seek medical attention immediately. As always, your veterinarian is your best resource for information and questions.

Happy Holidays to You and Yours



 

Exclusive Offer

We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Request an appointment today!

Request Now

New patients receive 15% OFF first visit.

THIS ---->https://centerveterinaryclinic.vetmatrixbase.com/index.php

Office Hours

Day
Monday7:305:30
Tuesday7:305:30
Wednesday7:305:30
Thursday7:305:30
Friday7:305:30
Saturday8:304:30
SundayClosedClosed
Day
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
7:30 7:30 7:30 7:30 7:30 8:30 Closed
5:30 5:30 5:30 5:30 5:30 4:30 Closed

Testimonial

Dr. Bigelow has always gone above and beyond for the care of our family's pets for several years.

John Doe
San Diego, CA