- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Stem Cell Therapy
What is It?
Stem Cell Therapy is a process where fat is harvested from your pet and sent to Vet Stem Laboratory in Poway, California. At the laboratory, the stem cells are separated from the fat tissue and then returned to Center Veterinary Clinic within 24 hours. The next day the stem cells are injected into the affected areas of the pets. Once there, the cells will help to repair damaged or lost tissue.
What Pets are Canidates?
Pets with orthopedic and soft tissue injuries or disease are usually good candidates.. Some examples are hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, tendon injuries, and ligament tears or damage.
What does the process entail?
1. Consulatation and diagnostic testing with the veternarian
2. If you pet qualifies for Stem Cell Therapy, a surgical appointment will be made to harvest the fat.
3. The next day, your pet will return to our office and the stem cells will be injected into the affected areas and also will be given intravenously. This is done under anesthesia to make sure your pet is comfortable. An ultrasonographer will be present to make sure the stell cells are placed properly.
4. Follow up includes therapeutic laser treatment, strict excercise restriction and specific physical therapy for 30 days after the procedure.
Why choose Stem Cell Therapy over Surgery?
Stem cell therapy is much less invasive, has a quicker recovery, is a less painful procedure and is at least 1/2 of the cost of most surgeries. Vet Stem Laboratory will store extra stem cells for future use.
Will my Pet Ever Have to Undergo More Stem Cell Therapy?
Yes, your pet may need booster injections in as soon as a year or many pets never need further treatment, but your pet will not need to undergo the harvesting surgery again. Vet Stem Laboratories stores your pet's stem cells for a yearly fee.
Where Can I Go to Find Out More Information?
Click on the following link to learn more: http://www.vet-stem.com/
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Request an appointment today!Request Now
New patients receive 15% OFF first visit.
Dr. Bigelow has always gone above and beyond for the care of our family's pets for several years.